How To Add Google Tag Manager To A Shopify Website/Store.
Step 1: Create a Google Tag Manager Account and Container
- Sign up for a Google Tag Manager account if you don’t already have one.
- Create a new container for your Shopify website/store.
Step 2: Install the Google Tag Manager Code on Your Shopify Website/Store
- In your Google Tag Manager account, click on “Admin” and then “Install Google Tag Manager”.
- Copy the code snippet that is provided.
- Log in to your Shopify account and go to “Online Store” and then “Themes”.
- Click on “Actions” and then “Edit Code” for the theme you want to add Google Tag Manager to.
- Open the “theme.liquid” file and paste the Google Tag Manager code snippet just before the closing “</head>” tag.
- Save the changes.
Step 3: Verify Your Google Tag Manager Setup
- Go to your Shopify website/store and view the page source code.
- Verify that the Google Tag Manager code is present in the header of your website/store.
- Go to your Google Tag Manager account and preview the container to verify that data is being tracked correctly.
Step 4: Create Google Tag Manager Tags and Triggers
- In your Google Tag Manager account, create new tags for the tracking tools you want to use, such as Google Analytics or Facebook Pixel.
- Create triggers for each tag to specify when the tag should fire, such as when a user adds a product to their cart or completes a purchase.
Step 5: Publish Your Google Tag Manager Container
- Once you have created your tags and triggers, click on “Submit” in your Google Tag Manager account to publish your container.
- Verify that your tags and triggers are firing correctly on your Shopify website/store by using a tool like Google Tag Assistant.