What to expect
Below is an outline of top 10 HR tips Maria has laid out for start-ups that are scaling. Maria will talk through each tip and share knowledge based on experience, the pitfalls and no no’s of hiring and managing poor performers. Included in the webinar will be practical examples, discussion and Q&A with Maria providing feedback on specific challenges individual start-ups are facing.
Join this webinar and learn a little more about the top HR tips for startups.
Top 10 HR Tips for scaling startups
- Plan and prepare before you recruit – ask Q’s
- Put new hires on the right contract
- Manage new employee expectations clearly -be clear on what you expect them to deliver and share the vision
- Manage the probation period, weed out poor performers quickly
- No dual reporting lines or manager titles
- Hold 1-2-1s with direct reports weekly
- Be specific – on what you want, where improvement is needed, what good looks like
- Keep a diary, note conversations by email.
- Empower your people, don’t tell them how to do their work and listen to their suggestions/ideas.
- Find out and know the career goals of your team, know their strengths and weaknesses, – align your people to your business